Types Of Visas Entry Permits In The UAE

Types Of Visas Entry Permits In The UAE

person leading a team
Types Of Visas Entry Permits In The UAE


The UAE is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, and with good reason. The country has amazing weather all year round and fantastic beaches, but also boasts some of the best shopping on earth. And although many visitors come to explore this beautiful part of the Middle East, there are still some who have business interests here or are seeking education opportunities for themselves or their children. All that being said, it’s important to know what type of visa you need before entering the UAE so that you don’t end up wasting time (or money) by not doing so!

UAE Residence Visa

  • The UAE Residence Visa is a type of visa that allows the holder to live in the UAE permanently. It is issued by the Ministry of Interior and is available to expatriates who wish to live and work in Dubai, Abu Dhabi or other emirates in the United Arab Emirates.
  • Applicants must be able to prove they have adequate financial resources (a minimum amount specified by law) which they can use for themselves and their dependents during their stay in the country. The applicant must also demonstrate a clean criminal record with no prior convictions for crimes involving moral turpitude; he or she also needs valid travel documents such as passports from his or her country of origin.
  • The UAE Residence Visa can be issued for a period of 5 years, but it cannot exceed this limit unless exceptional circumstances apply (such as medical reasons).

UAE Tourist Visa

You are eligible for a tourist visa if you are a citizen of one of the countries that have a visa-free arrangement with the United Arab Emirates. This arrangement allows citizens of these countries to travel freely to Dubai, Abu Dhabi and other emirates without obtaining any prior permission.

The UAE tourist visa is valid for one month and allows you to stay in the country for up to 30 days. You can extend your stay by going back to your country and then re-applying for another tourist visa at the immigration office in Dubai or Abu Dhabi (please note that this option is not available at all entry points). You should note that it may take several weeks before you receive an answer on whether or not your application has been approved as processing times vary depending on where you apply.

If you want to apply online, there are several websites which offer this service – but be aware that most charge upwards of AED 200 per person! It’s better if you go through proper channels rather than using these unofficial sites which could potentially scam tourists into paying more than they should. If possible, try talking directly with someone who works at an embassy instead because they can give good advice about applying correctly and avoiding scams too!

Transit Visa

A transit visa can be used for up to three months and can be used multiple times. It is issued for travel through the UAE for business or leisure purposes. It is valid for 60 days from the date of entry into the country and cannot be extended on arrival at any immigration checkpoint.

Student Visa

A student visa is a type of entry permit that allows you to study in the United Arab Emirates. This can be applied for by students who wish to attend an educational institution in the UAE.

Students can apply for this type of entry permit if they are under 25 years old and studying at a university, college or other education institution based in one of the seven emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm al-Qaiwain and Ras Al Khaimah). They must also have completed high school or hold equivalent qualifications from their country of residence.

There are certain requirements that must be met before applying for a student visa:

  • You must be at least 18 years old
  • You need proof that you have been accepted at an accredited school (by providing an acceptance letter or receipt)
  • A copy of your passport must be provided with your application form

E-Visa for GCC Residents

The E-Visa for GCC Residents is basically a visa waiver that allows you to enter the UAE within 30 days. The E-Visa is not available to non-GCC residents and can be obtained online, which makes it super convenient!

The best part about this visa is that it’s valid for 30 days and doesn’t require any other paperwork.

These are the main types of visas.

  • UAE Residence Visa
  • UAE Tourist Visa
  • Transit Visa
  • Student Visa
  • E-Visa for GCC Residents


We hope this article has helped you understand the different types of visas available in the UAE and what they mean for your travel plans. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below!

Add comment

Popular Models

© 2023 carsclub.ae - Cars Marketplace. All rights reserved.